PRINCE2® is a structured, processbased methodology for effective project management. Based on a wealth of experience drawn from thousands of projects undertaken globally. It has a strong focus on business justification and provides a framework covering a wide variety of disciplines and activities required within any type of a project.
The PRINCE2® methodology addresses project management with four integrated elements of principles, themes, processes and the project environment.
The seven PRINCE2® principles can be summarized as; Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the environment.
The seven PRINCE2® themes covered are; Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress.
The seven processes covered are; Starting up a Project, Directing a Project, Initiating a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing a Stage Boundary and Closing a Project .
The project environment then addresses the need to tailor PRINCE2® to the specific context of the project. PRINCE2® is not a “one size fits all” solution; it is a flexible framework that can readily be tailored to any type or size of project.
Adopting PRINCE2® provides your organization’s projects with;
- A common, consistent goal
- A controlled and organized project start, middle and end
- Regular reviews and assurance of progress against the project plan and business plan
- Involvement of stakeholders at the right points in the project
- Good communication channels between the project and relevant business areas
Delegates on the PRINCE2® course are given the opportunity to prepare for and take the appropriate Foundation and Practitioner Certificate Examinations administered by Axelos APMG through InnoLead.
3 Days course (1 Hour Examination)
2 Days course (2.5 Hours Open Book Examination)
- Current and aspiring Project Managers
- Key staff involved in design, development and delivery of projects
- Project Board Members
- Team Managers
- Operational Line Managers and Staff