Project Management Essentials
This course is about the science of project management. It provides delegates with a complete project planning process and methodology that links the tools and techniques in a systematic manner around the 10 Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide).
- Logical Framework methodology, concepts and principles
- Project Feasibility
- The Project Scope and Planning Mile stones.
- Organizing and coordinating the Project.
- Risk Analysis and Estimating Concepts.
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Activity Lists.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating activities.
- Resource, Cost and Cash Flow Analysis.
- Project Monitoring and Controlling (Time and Cost).
- Reports and Schedules.
- Overview of Project Contract Management
- The Close-Out Phase.
In this guided course, participants will practice and learn how to:
- Define and describe common project management terminology.
- Understand the process of Project Management and the triple Constraints
- Describe the Project Life Cycle and to distinguish between a project and operations
- Understand the importance to Project Management of the organizational structure and the significance of authority and responsibility
- Understand the PMBOK® Guide ten knowledge areas and process groups and effectively apply them
- Use a step-by-step process to effectually plan, execute and manage projects.
- Understand how to successfully close a project
- Project Administrators
- Project Support Staff
- Project Team Members